Excessive Sweating (Hyperhydrosis)
Hyperhydrosis affects about 1 in 3 people. Excessive production of sweat can cause damp patches on clothes and can be an embarrassing problem causing apprehension/anxiety in both social and work settings.
Botulinum toxin A , the same medicine used for wrinkles, is FDA-approved for treating excessive sweating of the underarms and in some cases it can also be used on the palms of the hands and soles of the feet.
At Skin Cliniq in Smile Cliniq, London’s Multi award winning dental practice, we offer safe, gentle and expert placement of injections under the armpits. The results are long lasting and your confidence should grow as you do not need to worry about this problem again.
Who will perform the procedure?
One of our expertly trained dentists will perform the injections.
- A consultation will be required with one of our clinicians detailing your concerns and past medical history
- Informed consent for treatment will be obtained
- The skin is cleansed and an iodine starch test will be performed
- The area to be treated will then be marked
- Botox will be injected to prevent the glands from secreting sweat
- Post procedure instructions will be given
- You will be invited for a review and top up if necessary
Are there any side effects?
No, this is a safe procedure with zero downtime.
How long until I see results?
Typically results start after 4-7 days and last between 6-9 months.